To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.
• Oct. 28: North Red River Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association banquet, City Hall, Hallock, Minn. Social hour 5 p.m., with supper at 7; games and prizes throughout the evening. Register before Oct. 20 for an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets at reduced pricing. Tickets $70, which includes MDHA membership. Info: Kelly Turgeon, chapter president, (218) 988-2567 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Oct. 28-29: Mentored Youth Deer Hunt, Rydell National Wildlife Refuge, 17788 349th St. SE, Erskine, Minn. Minn. Refuge will be closed to the general public during the hunt. Info: (218) 687-2229 ext. 16.
• Oct. 21: Fall Luminary Walk, 7 to 9 p.m., Turtle River State Park, 3084 Park Ave., Arvilla, N.D. Hike along luminary-lit trails, warm up by the fire and enjoy some refreshments at Woodland Lodge. Event is free, but vehicle passes ($7 daily, $5 annual) are required to enter the park. Info: (701) 594-4445.
• Oct. 21: Halloween Adventure, 5:30 to 8 p.m., Audubon National Wildlife Refuge, N.D. During free, open house-style event, kids can trick or treat along the nature trail and enjoy a light snack in the visitor center. Families are invited to take a tram or hayride through the auto tour route beginning at 5:45. Browse through the wildlife exhibits and enjoy the sights and sounds of the waterfowl migration. Sponsored by Audubon Refuge Partners Inc. and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Info: (701) 442-5474.
• Oct. 22: Finley Wildlife Club Youth Pheasant Hunt, private lands in the Finley, N.D., area. Participants can register and obtain maps of the areas where the Wildlife Club is planting pheasants beginning at 7 a.m. in the Finley American Legion hall. There's no charge for anyone who brings a young hunter with them in the field. Info: Brian Tuite, (701) 524-2880.
• Oct. 28: Fishing Careers Workshop, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Craguns Resort on Gull Lake near Brainerd, Minn. Cost is $250 per person; refreshments included; lunch can be purchased onsite. Info: (800) 378-5095 or mycampfish.com.